Identifying important discoveries.
Protecting and licensing inventions.
Creating startup companies.
Maximizing impact from the results of research.
Kaitlyn Norman-Powers, PhD
Licensing Manager, UA Health Sciences
How does it all happen?
We’ll discuss the process of identifying inventions and how Tech Launch Arizona helps bring them to the world through commercial pathways.
We’ll answer questions about all aspects of Tech Launch Arizona, including:
- How do I work with the Licensing Manager (LM) dedicated to my college, and who is my LM in the first place?
- When should I talk to my LM about my research, ideas and inventions?
- What are the options are for getting my inventions out into the world? How are licenses to existing companies different from startups?
- What funding is available to help me develop my inventions?
- Short answer: It’s called “Asset Development” funding and is offered through Tech Launch Arizona.
Come and meet team members from Tech Launch Arizona dedicated to providing knowledge and services to help take your ideas from the lab to the world.
Who should attend?
This talk will be geared toward faculty, researchers, staff and graduate students.
*Lunch will be provided for those who register in advance.
Questions? Please contact Ellen Ogley, 520-621-7262, administrative associate, Tech Launch Arizona.