- Clinical Informatics Fellow Projects:
- Behnam Vahdati Nia, DO – Patients who miss their scheduled appointments unexpectedly (no-show) cause sudden gaps in a clinic's schedule that can lead to lost revenue and lost productivity; a vacant spot means a patient is not getting the care they need. At Dignity Health Insights (DHI), we have developed a model to predict no-shows, allowing for successful double-booking.
- Peter Nguyen, MD – It has been put forth that social determinants of health contribute upward of 60 percent toward patient outcomes, and recognition of their role in health care is rapidly increasing. Challenges to integrating social determinants of health remain, however, already at the Phoenix VA. These factors are proving to be one of the keys to developing data-driven, personalized patient care.
- Parking: There is a pay-to-park lot (lot 10002) on the corner of Van Buren and 7th St.
- When you arrive, check-in with security and proceed to room E115.
For questions, please contact the Department of Biomedical Informatics.