The University of Arizona (UA), in partnership with Cox Communications, presents Connect2STEM — a family friendly event, which celebrates Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine. In only its second year, the event officially became the largest STEM-related event held in Phoenix on an annual basis.
Through this event, youth of all ages are able to experience the wonders of STEM hands-on, encouraging them to one day pursue a degree or occupation in one of the related fields.
Connect2STEM FAST FACTS:
- In three years, the event has drawn nearly 14,000 attendees to the Downtown Phoenix Biomedical Campus.
- More than 55+ departments, clubs, schools and organizations participate.
- Hundreds of people volunteer their time to make the event a huge success.
- All three state Universities participate at the event.
- Corporations like APS, Google, Intel and Blue Cross Blue Shield have hosted interactive tables.
- Community partners like the Children’s Museum of Phoenix and the Arizona Science Center have showcased fun science activities.
- Connect2Careers sessions, which have featured a heart surgeon and an engineer from Intel, engage Arizona's youth in discovering potential careers.
- New in 2017:
- Connect2Mentors, which inspired, enriched and engaged youth of color in careers related to STEM fields, the Wildcat Play Hospital, the da Vinci Surgical Robot and much more.
News, Images and Other Related Features
- Flickr Photo Gallery.
- Outreach Event Brings 6,500 to UA Phoenix Campus.
- Connect2Mentors Inspires Youth of Color to Engage in STEM Careers.
- Downtown Devil: Connect2STEM Gets Students Hands-On with Science.
- AZ Family: Valley Families Become Nerds for a Day at Connect2STEM, Careers in Technology Highlighted at Connect2STEM.
- Fox 10 Phoenix: University of Arizona Helping Fuel Kids Interest in Science.
For more information, contact Aaron Sheets-Freburger, 602-827-2453.
Thank You to Our Partners:
- City of Phoenix Public Works.
- The Boyer Company.
- Standard Parking.
- Southwest Airlines.
- Arizona Community Foundation.
- DPR Construction • Sundt Construction, Inc.