Fellows will participate in weekly ½ day didactics on Thursday afternoons. Lectures will cover topics from the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Principles of Addiction Medicine chapters and will prepare the fellow for board examination and evidenced based addiction medicine practice.
Fellows will rotate at a variety of clinical sites at Banner Health and Phoenix VA Medical Center:
- Banner Health
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMCP) Addiction Recovery Center.
- BUMCP Addiction Consult Team.
- BUMCP Medical Toxicology Service.
- Banner Behavioral Health Hospital (Scottsdale).
- Banner Intensive Outpatient Program (Scottsdale).
- Phoenix VA Medical Center
- VA Co-Occuring Clinic.
- VA Chronic Pain Clinic.
- VA Residential Treatment.
- VA Ambulatory Experience.
- VA Opioid Treatment Program.
- Only two rotations are outside the downtown Phoenix corridor and are located in nearby Scottsdale, Arizona.