Visiting residents interested in participating in elective rotations must be currently enrolled in an ACGME-accredited training program to be eligible to complete an elective rotation at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMCP). Participation in any election rotation will be allowed on a space-available and case-by-case basis. BUMCP requires a program letter of agreement (PLA) with the Home Institution prior to participation in a training program. In addition, applicants must qualify for a training permit under the Arizona Medical Board requirements and satisfactorily complete the requirements outlined below:
- The Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship Coordinator must initiate the process 90 days before your desired start date. Please communicate with the Program Coordinator well in advance to initiate a PLA.
- Application and supporting documents: Please submit this information to the Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship Coordinator for review.
- A completed and signed universal application at least three months prior to start date (insert PDF).
- A good standing reference letter from your Program Director.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Medical School Diploma (scanned copy).
- Certificate of Insurance.
- ICU evaluations from prior ICU rotations/experience.
- Immunizations with current TB and Influenza documentation.
- License/Training Permit: Visiting residents who do not have their own Arizona medical license or Arizona post graduate training permit, must complete the appropriate training permit application (fees are $50 for either the Arizona Medical Board or the Arizona Board of Osteopathic Examiners). Please complete the citizenship statement on that site and forward the confirmation to the Medical Education Office, via email to Esther Rivera, once received.
- Banner Learning Center Modules Pre-Rotation Requirements
Prior to your rotation at BUMCP, you are required to submit the following:
- Background check through “Student/Faculty Background Check.”
- Training modules for Compliance Code of Conduct.
- Student Training Module.
- Student Acknowledgement and Confidentiality Agreement — This can be accomplished through the Banner Learning Center (BLC) online and must be completed a minimum of three weeks prior to the start of your rotation.
Your applications and supporting documents must be submitted to the Program Coordinator, Carmen Flores, prior to processing in the GME Office. It is our hope that you have a wonderful educational experience. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the coordinator at 602-839-2792.