Daily didactic sessions occur at various times during the week primarily before clinic or over the lunch hour rather than a devoted half day of didactics.
- Musculoskeletal Imaging Conference.
- Director’s Conference.
- Journal Club.
- Interesting Case Conference.
- Sports Psychology Series.
- Sports Nutrition Series.
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Conference.
- Quarterly or Annually:
- Sports Medicine Grand Rounds.
- Resident Research Day.
- Visiting Professors.
Over the course of their training, fellows improve efficiency and build long-term patient relationships developing progressive autonomy.
The first nine months of the fellowship year is comprised of a longitudinal experience that includes:
- Five half days of sports medicine clinic within the Sports Medicine Center supervised by a core faculty member.
- Two half days of orthopedic sports medicine clinic within the Sports Medicine Center supervised by a Sports Medicine Surgeon.
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine surgery observation/assisting.
- Two half days of sports concussion clinic within the Sports Medicine and Concussion Specialists clinic.
- One half day of continuity clinic within the Family Medicine Residency Clinic supervised by one of the Family Medicine core faculty members.
- High school training room visit and high school football game coverage.
The last three months of the fellowship year is comprised of elective time with faculty members and specialists within the Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Orthopaedic and Spine Institute, as well as community based sports medicine specialists.