These are day-long events bringing groups of residents away from the hospital to focus on further developing our sense of community and addressing specific learning needs and topics based on developmental stage.
- Intern Retreat – All interns gather at the home of a faculty member to discuss stress management, team work, teaching medical students, patient safety principles, fatigue and sleep and other content selected by class representatives.
- PGY2 Retreat – Held in March of each year, this retreat focuses on career development, teaching skills and wellness. Writing a CV, identifying your strengths and areas for development, interviewing and practical skills to improve teaching are integrated with activities around reflection, team-building and wellness.
- How To Be A Great Resident (HTBGR) – Prior to completion of the internship, and early in the PGY2 year, residents participate in workshops focused on teaching and leadership, as they transition to the role of senior resident.
- Internal Medicine Welcome Party – All new Internal Medicine interns attend at a faculty member's home.
- Graduate Medical Education Welcome Party at the Art Museum.
- Annual Internal Medicine Housestaff Appreciation event.
- Candlelight Capers – Semiformal/formal evening event with housestaff and faculty.
- Internal Medicine Intern Appreciation Night – A celebration of nearing the end of the year.
- Internal Medicine Graduation Event – An evening offsite with family, friends and faculty.
- Service/Social Group events.
- Life in Medicine Series – Discussion panels that cover various topics.