All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). To apply to our residency program, please submit all documents through ERAS. Applications for Neurology PGY-2, beginning July 2017 and July 2018, will be accepted through December 31, 2016.
Entry into an advanced neurology residency training program is preceded by 12 months of ACGME-accredited graduate training in the United States or Canada, usually in general internal medicine. Requirements are determined by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Your medical internship can be completed through the Internal Medicine Residency Preliminary program at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, or elsewhere.
This year must include at least one of the following:
- Eight months in internal medicine with primary responsibility in patient care.
- Six months in internal medicine with primary responsibility in patient care and a period of at least two months time comprising one or more months of pediatrics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, or family medicine.
Residents may spend up to four months in neurology during this year.
Neurology and Internal Medicine Preliminary Year National Residency Matching Program NRMP Codes:
- Neurology Advanced Program (Three Years: 2018-2021):
- Medicine Preliminary Program (One Year: 2017-2018):
- Neurology Advanced Program (Three Years: 2017-2020): *Must have completed PGY1
The program will review all applications received. Your application should contain the following documents:
- ERAS Application.
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts for both parts I and II when available.
- Medical school transcript.
- Personal statement.
- Dean's Letter.
- Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation.
- ECFMG certificate (International Medical Graduates only).
U.S. clinical experience is required. Observerships do not constitute medical education and cannot be used as evidence of clinical experience.
Visa Policy: Must have a J-1 Visa, prior to rank list submission.
Our Applicant Interview Selection Committee will begin reviewing applications in September and October. In Mid-October, you will be contacted via email to schedule an interview.
We are accepting applications for the 2016-2017 academic year. We accept applications through the AAMC Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS). The course number is NEUP 850A – Neurology.
Neurology Resident Program Director
Banner Neuroscience Institute
755 E. McDowell Rd., 3rd Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85006