Community Clinical Experience - Format
- Each student will be assigned to an ambulatory clinic and a physician preceptor during the two-year experience.
- The fall of the first year, students will attend a series of sessions on campus to optimize their clinic readiness.
- Additionally during their first semester:
- Students will meet outside of clinic hours with their preceptor to discuss program expectations.
- Students will attend a front office session in their assigned clinic.
- Students will attend a back office session in their assigned clinic.
- Students will provide medical care under the supervision of their physician preceptor two half-days each month for the time spanning second semester first year and first semester second year.
- Students are in the clinic on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday afternoons between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. The schedule is flexible for the chosen day and mutually agreed upon between preceptor and student.
- Mondays and Fridays are excluded as students have classes.
- Students will assume an increasing amount of responsibility for decision making as the experience progresses.
- Second semester, second-year students will attend small group sessions to discuss their CCE experiences and present a patient case for discussion and assessment.