The Clinical Translational Sciences (CTS) Graduate Program is designed to provide a strong foundation in clinical translational sciences, either for post-baccalaureate students, including MD/PhD students, or postgraduate students already granted a terminal degree in a health science-related field (e.g., MD, DPharm, DrPH, DNP, etc.). The CTS Graduate Program offers access to research opportunities in the various University of Arizona Health Sciences Colleges, with MS and PhD degree options. Ongoing research topics in Phoenix and the faculty research facilities and researchers are listed below.
Applied NanoBioscience and Medical Device Development:
- Gu, Jian – Microfluidics, nanofabrication.
- Peyman, Gholam – Platform development, medical devices.
- Zenhausern, Frederic – Nanobiomedicine, radiodosimetry.
Health Promotion and Nursing:
- Debbie Williams – Health promotion and outcomes.
Immunology and Host-Microbe Interactions:
- Boehmer, Paul – Virology and mutagenesis.
- Gustin, Kurt – Virology and infectious disease.
- Hastings, Karen – Skin cancer, antigen processing and autoimmunity.
- Herbst-Kralovetz, Melissa – Innate mucosal immunity, women’s health.
ASU School of Nutrition:
Neuroscience and Neuropsychiatric Disorders:
- Anderson, Trent – Epilepsy, migraine, traumatic brain injury.
- Bowser, Robert – ALS, biomarkers.
- Brafman, David – iPSCs, Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Ferguson, Deveroux – Major depression, epigenetic mechanisms, stress.
- Gallitano, Amelia – Schizophrenia, stress, neurogenomics.
- Hammer, Ron – Stress, schizophrenia, drug abuse.
- Kruer, Michael – Pediatric movement disorders, cerebral palsy, neurogenetics.
- Lifshitz, Jonathan – Traumatic brain injury.
- Nikulina, Ella – Stress, drug abuse.
- Qiu, Shenfeng – Developmental neurobiology, autism, epilepsy.
- Sattler, Rita – ALS, frontotemporal dementia, human induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Thomas, Theresa – Traumatic brain injury.
- Wu, Jie – Epilepsy, drug abuse.
Oncology and Cancer Biology:
- Hastings, Karen – Skin cancer.
- Kim, Suwon – Tumor suppressor genes, neuroblastoma and lung cancer.
- Seril, Aparna – Tumor formation and survival.
- Sharma, Shalini – Pre-mRNA processing.
UA College of Pharmacy and Pharmacogenomics:
- Cropp, Cheryl – Pharmacogenomics determinants of health disparities.
- Urbine, Terry – Health care economics, health outcomes.