Here, senior faculty members serving as mentors may find numerous resources to enhance the mentoring experience. The resources provided range from information on the benefits of faculty mentoring, best practices for mentors, and the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of mentoring styles. The College of Medicine – Phoenix encourages faculty mentors to become well acquainted with the various resources provided to them to enable meaningful mentoring experiences.
- Assessment Form for Mentors (PDF).
- Benefits of Faculty Mentoring (PDF).
- Best Practices for Department Chairs and Directors (PDF).
- Best Practices for Mentors (PDF).
- Characteristics of a Mentor/Mentee (PDF).
- The Goal of Faculty Mentoring (PDF).
- Mentoring Meeting Journal (PDF).
- Mentoring Roles – Dos and Don'ts (PDF).
- Mentoring Toolkit (PDF).