Non-Salaried Faculty Promotion
The following information is required to apply for faculty title promotion of non-tenure track affiliate or associate volunteer faculty members.
Please submit the following promotion packet as one PDF to:
- Current Curriculum Vita (Suggested Format [PDF]).
- Candidate’s Personal Statement: A statement of accomplishment and objectives on research, teaching and service/outreach (2-5 pages maximum).
- Your personal statement should specifically address your current and past engagement with the educational, service and/or research mission of the college.
a. Include an estimate of total teaching hours for UA College of Medicine – Phoenix per year (for past 2-3 years).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from peers who hold the same or higher faculty title than the rank you are requesting for promotion are required. Please provide our office with 2 names and email addresses of faculty in your field/specialty who may serve to review your dossier and submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development will contact each of these individuals for their letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- Teaching portfolio: Candidates are responsible for providing information and supporting documentation on their teaching and advising that cover the last 2-3 years. You may include course syllabi, assignments, and other supporting documentation. If teaching evaluations are not available, please submit a letter from your program or clerkship director.
If you have any questions or concerns about the promotion process please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs at 602-827-2078.
Tenure-eligible assistant or associate professors have a 6-year "clock" with a mandatory review for promotion and tenure during the sixth year. Tenure-eligible faculty who are initially appointed at the full professor level have a 3-year clock with mandatory review during the third year.
Non-tenure eligible faculty should demonstrate meeting the established criteria for promotion within their track and should have 6 years in current rank to be considered for promotion. Time in rank from another academic institution will be taken into consideration.
Deadline for tenure eligible/tenured promotion and tenure dossiers to be submitted to Office of Faculty Affairs is the last Monday in October each year.
Non-tenure salaried faculty promotions must be submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs no later than December 31.