Here, junior faculty members may find numerous resources to enhance their mentoring experience. These resources range from information on characteristics and best practices for mentees, working through diversity issues, understanding the goal of mentoring and much more. The College of Medicine – Phoenix encourages faculty mentees to take responsibility of their experience and be knowledgeable of the dynamics of the mentoring partnership.
Faculty Mentoring Toolkit
The Faculty Mentoring Toolkit (PDF) is comprised of the essential documents faculty members need for their mentoring partnership to be successful. The documents contained therein are:
- Faculty Mentor Partnering Agreement.
- Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Mentoring Meeting Journal.
Prior to the first meeting, the Individual Development Plan should be filled out by the mentee and brought to that meeting to be reviewed with the mentor. The Mentor/Mentee Partnering Agreement should be filled out together and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also bring it to Jonathan Snyder in the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development.
Reading and Resources
- Benefits of Faculty Mentoring (PDF).
- Best Practices for Mentees (PDF).
- Characteristics of a Mentor/Mentee (PDF).
- Constructive Relationship Advice for Mentors and Mentees (PDF).
- Diversity Issues in Mentoring (PDF).
- Female Physician Resilience (PDF).
- The Goal of Faculty Mentoring (PDF).
- Mentee Missteps (PDF).
- Mentoring Roles – Dos and Don'ts (PDF).
- Types of Mentoring – Advantages and Disadvantages (PDF).
Promotion and Tenure
- Promotion and Tenure guidelines for the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix.