Our residents and faculty frequently present and teach at national meetings and publish papers, book chapters and evidence-based reviews. We also host the nationally recognized and award-winning American Family Physician Podcast. Resident opportunity for scholarly work and academic excellence is one of the strengths of our program.
Recent publications, presentations and awards for our faculty and residents include:
- Editorials and review articles in American Family Physician and Family Practice Management.
- Original research and Brief Reports in Family Medicine and Annals of Family Medicine.
- Evidence-based chapters in Essential Evidence and 5 Minute Clinical Consults.
- An Op-Ed in the Arizona Republic, encouraging access to primary care.
- Presentations by residents and faculty at the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Annual Spring Conference, Conference on Medical Student Education and Conference on Practice Improvement.
- Presentations at the AAFP’s Program Director Workshop and National Conference of Family Medicine Students and Residents.
- An STFM New Faculty Scholar and Faculty for Tomorrow Scholar.
- Resident teacher of the year from the students at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
- STFM Innovative Program Award for the AFP Podcast.
- A $500,000 grant to build a mentorship and scribe program at the Family Medicine Center.