The Internal Medicine Geriatric Medicine Fellowship curriculum includes block rotations, clinic and didactic conferences.
Weekly didactic lectures, weekly clinical case conferences at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute, one of the leading Alzheimer’s institutes in the country, Journal Clubs, research conferences and pharmacology conferences.
Our block rotations include nursing home care, palliative care/geriatric medicine consultation, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, home health, hospice care, outpatient medicine/urology, wound clinic, rheumatology/osteoporosis, neurology and behavioral psychology. The fellows also have geriatric outpatient clinics, as well as long-term care experience.
- Geriatrics/hospitalist/post- and acute-Rehab – 5 months.
- CLC/NH/home-based primary care – 1 month.
- Geropsych/Alzheimer’s – 1 month.
- Nursing home care – 1 month.
- Palliative care/geriatric medicine consults – 2 months.
- Psychiatry – 1 month.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation – 1 month.
- Home health – 1 month.
- Palliative/hospice – 1 month.
- Outpatient medicine/urology – 1 month.
- Wound clinic – 1 month.
- Rheumatology – 1 month.
- Geriatrics neurology – 1 month.
- Stroke neurology – 1 month.
- Behavioral psychology – 1 month.
- Elective/research – 1 month.
- Outpatient (clinic/geriatrics and evaluation/didactics) – Weekly for the entire academic year.