The Office for Faculty Affairs and Development is responsible for initiation and oversight of all faculty appointments and faculty titles for the College of Medicine – Phoenix.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development strives to:
- Provide information and resources to College of Medicine – Phoenix departments regarding recruiting a diverse pool of candidates.
- Ensure that state, federal and university regulations are followed in all recruitment and selection processes.
- UA Guide to Successful Searches.
- UA Successful Search Checklist for Hiring Authorities. (PDF)
- Apply for Volunteer Faculty Status
Faculty eMPLOYMENT Opportunities
Criteria for Faculty Titles:
Anyone who supervises or provides formal evaluation of UA College of Medicine – Phoenix medical students should hold a university faculty title. Faculty employed by affiliate institutions or are employed in private practice, are encouraged to apply for a non-salaried volunteer faculty title.
All faculty, regardless of track, are expected to contribute to the educational, research, service and clinical missions of the college. Appointment to tenure track and clinical and research faculty tracks requires completion of an appropriate doctoral degree (MD, PhD, DO). Determination of faculty track and rank are based on the dominant element(s) of faculty contributions to the college.
Contact the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development if you have questions on the requirements or application process for a volunteer faculty title.