ResearchMatch at the University of Arizona
- To utilize ResearchMatch as a recruitment tool in your new or previously IRB-approved research study, follow the instructions below:
- For Amended IRB Studies: In the IRB form F215 under Section 1: Summarize the Amendment, enter, “ResearchMatch.org will be utilized as an additional recruitment tool for this protocol. ResearchMatch.org is a web-based recruitment tool that has been IRB-approved as a data repository,” as one of the recruitment methodologies.
- For New Studies: When completing the IRB form F200 under Section 7: Recruitment Methods and Consenting Process, enter, “ResearchMatch.org will be utilized as a recruitment tool for this protocol. ResearchMatch.org is a web-based recruitment tool that has been IRB-approved as a data repository,” as one of the recruitment methodologies.
- After you receive IRB approval for your study and will use ResearchMatch for recruitment, upload the notification of approval into your specific study’s information on the ResearchMatch website. Upload the IRB Letter of Approval or Letter or Exemption.
- You will need to enter your study’s criteria into the ResearchMatch Search Builder. You will also enter your IRB-approved Contact Message into the initial recruitment message to potential matches. ResearchMatch will send your message to each potential match, and individuals will have the option of replying yes, no or not responding to the notification. The response rate to your recruitment message will be displayed in aggregate figures/charts on your dashboard. Once a volunteer has authorized ResearchMatch to release their contact information to you, the volunteers personal contact information will be available to you. You will be responsible for managing this contact information.
Note: Your access to recruit via ResearchMatch will last only as long as your IRB study approval. The expiration date of your ResearchMatch access will mirror the expiration date of your study. You will be able to submit successful continuing review applications via ResearchMatch. If you are using ResearchMatch to recruit for an exempt study, the expiration date will be set for five years. At that time, you will be required to upload your Letter of Exemption again.
Training sessions for researchers are available on the website after you register.
If you require assistance with this submission process, please contact the Institutional Liaison.
If you experience technical difficulties with the ResearchMatch website, please contact them.