BMS Seminar Series
Thursday, February 25, 2021 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Brooke Hjelm, PhD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Translational Genomics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA): Somatic Alterations in Disease and Maternal Ancestry Analysis.
- Recognize the forms of mtDNA variation and how polyploidy effects this.
- Discuss disease examples of mtDNA somatic variation including copy number and large deletions.
- Assess next-generation sequencing (NGS) datasets that can provide information about genetic.
BMS Faculty Host
- Melissa Herbst-Kralovetz, PhD.