Department of Ophthalmology Education Series
Saturday, October 17, 2020 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Jonathan Lass, MD
Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology
University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
Charles I Thomas Professor and Vice Chair for Academic Affairs CWRU Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences University Hospitals Eye Institute, Cleveland, OH
Medical Director, UH Cornea Image Analysis Reading Center Medical Director, Eversight Ohio
- Advances with Randomized Clinical Trials in Corneal Transplantation; Herpes Simplex Keratitis Update; and a Discussion on Corneal Infiltrate Management.
- Understand how randomized clinical trials are designed and implemented.
- Understand the major findings of the Collaborative Corneal Transplant Studies (CCTS), Cornea Donor Study (CDS), Specular Microscopy Ancillary Study (SMAS) and the most recently completed Cornea Preservation Time Study (CPTS) clinical trials and their impact of the practices of eye banking and corneal transplantation.
- Review latest management approach to various form of herpes simplex keratitis.
- Panel discussion that will review diagnosis and management of corneal infiltrates.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson and The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.