Thursday, August 31, 2023 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Regular preventative health screenings help prevent disease through early detection. Do you know your numbers — blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and BMI/weight?
Together these numbers provide a glimpse into your current health and offer you a great starting point for your next discussion with your doctor. The 20-minute session — free once per year for all benefits-eligible-employees — includes:
- A fasting blood test, including blood sugar test and full cholesterol and lipid panels.
- A hemoglobin A1C test.
- Height, weight and waist circumference measurements.
- Blood pressure measurement.
- Osteoporosis and bone density screenings.
- Recommended for people age 40 and older, and for those under 40 who are menopausal.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen, or PSA, screening.
- Recommended for people age 40 and older.
Registration is required. On the day of the screening, please fast (water and medications only) for eight hours prior to your appointment. Your test results will be mailed to you within 10 business days. If you would like an extra copy of your results to share with your primary care physician, please be sure to indicate that on your consent form.
This screening is worth 1,000 Health Impact Program points, and it will take place on the Tucson campus.
Questions: Contact UArizona Life & Work Connections.