Virtual Phoenix Symposium on Data Analytics in Health Care
Thursday, August 13, 2020 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Tracy Roth, MBA
Director, Analytics and Data Science, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
This virtual symposium will focus on the expertise of data analytics in the healthcare setting. The topics will cover the use of data and analytics tools/methods in the areas of healthcare, health/medical research, public health or other related fields. The use of data and analytics will be relevant to improving healthcare delivery and health outcomes in Arizona.
- 8:25 - 8:30 a.m. – Attendees will join Zoom *webinar.
- 8:30 - 8:35 a.m. – Welcoming remarks presented by Mike Malek-Ahmadi, PhD, GStat.
- 8:35 - 9:10 a.m. – Keynote Speaker: Tracy Roth, MBA, director, Analytics & Data Science at Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Session I: Abstract Presentations – Moderated by Richard Gerkin, MD, MS, FACP, FACMT
- 9:10 - 9:40 a.m. – Extracting Insights Out of CMS's Hospital Star Rating "Black Box" presented by Mari Firago, MS.
- 9:40 - 10:10 a.m. – A Mixed-Model Approach to Predict Clinic No-Shows with Use Cases presented by Kari Baker, BS, BA.
- 10:10 - 10:20 a.m. – Break.
Session II: Abstract Presentations – Moderated by Melisa Celaya, PhD
- 10:20 - 10:50 a.m. – Creating Predictive Models to Inform State Opioid Resource Allocation presented by Anita C. Murcko, MD, FACP and Joan Kwamboka, MS.
- 10:50 - 11:20 a.m. – Prevent HAARM: A Data Sharing Surveillance and Visualization Tool to Track Antimicrobial Drug Resistant Health Care Associated Pathogens presented by Darrin Lemmer, MS.
- 11:20 - 11:30 a.m. – Break.
Session III: Abstract Presentations – Moderated by Pamela Garcia-Filion, PhD, MPH
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Cost-Effective Computer-Aided Diagnosis of Lung CA in Chest CT presented by Zongwei Zhou.
- 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. – Using Near-Miss Sampling in Biomedical NLP to Improve Accuracy Finding Adverse Drug Events and Indications in Clinical Notes presented by Murthy V. Devarakonda, PhD.
- 12:30 - 12:40 p.m. – Closing remarks presented by Mike Malek-Ahmadi, PhD, GStat.
Who is Invited to the Event?
This event is free and open to the public in webinar format. We highly recommend researchers and health care professionals attend and early registration is encouraged. We also welcome students, educators and the general public to attend this valuable conference.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, there is no cost to attend the Virtual Phoenix Symposium on Data Analytics in Health Care.
This is a virtual online event, which will be hosted via Zoom Webinar. *When attendees register, they will also be prompted to register for the Zoom webinar.
If you have questions about the symposium, please contact the Research Office.