The Molecular Discovery Core is a distributed core that is intended to provide the Phoenix Biomedical Campus research community with several instruments geared toward the analysis of biomolecules.
This core supports a wide variety of research activities that depend on the detection and analysis of proteins, nucleic acids, compounds, bioactive molecules, and biomolecular interactions.
- Consultation on SPR or other bioassay design.
- Consultation on protein purification.
- Assay development and optimization.
- Protein immobilization optimization.
- Buffer and pH screening.
- Binding and kinetic characterization.
- Small molecule and/or fragment screening.
- Biomolecular interaction screening.
- Kinetic data analysis (KD, Ka, Kd, etc.).
- Aggregation studies.
- Grant writing and preliminary data.