- PhD: University of Florida, Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics
- Kalani MY, Siniard AL, Corneveaux JJ, Bruhns R, Richholt R, Forseth J, Zabramski JM, Nakaji P, Spetzler RF, Huentelman MJ. Rare Variants in Cardiomyopathy Genes Associated With Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy. Neurosurgery. 2016 Jun;78(6):835-43.
- Schrauwen I, Szelinger S, Siniard AL, Corneveaux JJ, Kurdoglu A, Richholt R, De Both M, Malenica I, Swaminathan S, Rangasamy S, Kulkarni N, Bernes S, Buchhalter J, Ramsey K, Craig DW, Narayanan V, Huentelman MJ. A De Novo Mutation in TEAD1 Causes Non-X-Linked Aicardi Syndrome. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015 Jun;56(6):3896-904.
- Schrauwen I, Szelinger S, Siniard AL, Kurdoglu A, Corneveaux JJ, Malenica I, Richholt R, Van Camp G, De Both M, Swaminathan S, Turk M, Ramsey K, Craig DW, Narayanan V, Huentelman MJ. A Frame-Shift Mutation in CAV1 Is Associated with a Severe Neonatal Progeroid and Lipodystrophy Syndrome. PLoS One. 2015 Jul 15;10(7):e0131797.
- Giraldo M, Lopera F, Siniard AL, Corneveaux JJ, Schrauwen I, Carvajal J, Muñoz C, Ramirez-Restrepo M, Gaiteri C, Myers AJ, Caselli RJ, Kosik KS, Reiman EM, Huentelman MJ. Variants in triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 2 are associated with both behavioral variant frontotemporal lobar degeneration and Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2013 Aug;34(8):2077.e11-8.
- Corneveaux JJ, Myers AJ, Allen AN, Pruzin JJ, Ramirez M, Engel A, Nalls MA, Chen K, Lee W, Chewning K, Villa SE, Meechoovet HB, Gerber JD, Frost D, Benson HL, O'Reilly S, Chibnik LB, Shulman JM, Singleton AB, Craig DW, Van Keuren-Jensen KR, Dunckley T, Bennett DA, De Jager PL, Heward C, Hardy J, Reiman EM, Huentelman MJ. Association of CR1, CLU and PICALM with Alzheimer's disease in a cohort of clinically characterized and neuropathologically verified individuals. Hum Mol Genet. 2010 Aug 15;19(16):3295-301.
Neuroscience, genomics, biomarker
Dr. Huentelman's laboratory utilizes genomic technologies to better understand personalized neurological disease risk and mechanisms. An additional goal is to leverage new information to design more focused and effective therapeutic strategies. He has a particular focus on aging and diseases with a significant aging component, as well as disorders that are very rare in their prevalence.