- PhD: The University of Arizona.
- Sabir, M.S., Haussler, M.R., Mallick, S., Kaneko, I., Lucas, D.A., Haussler, C.A., Whitfield, G.K. and Jurutka, P.W. (2018) Optimal vitamin D spurs serotonin: 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D represses serotonin reuptake transport (SERT) and degradation (MAO-A) gene expression in cultured rat serotonergic neuronal cell lines. Genes and Nutrition 13:19-30.
- Hanish, B.J., Hackney-Price, J.F., Kaneko, I., Ma, N., van der Vaart, A., Wagner, C.E., Jurutka, P.W. and Marshall, P.A. (2018) A novel gene expression analytics-based approach to structure-aided design of rexinoids for development as next-generation cancer therapeutics. Steroids 135:36-49.
- Chamcheu, J.C., Rady, I., Chamcheu, R.N., Siddique, A.B., Bloch, M.B., Banang-Mbeumi, S., Babatunde, A.S., Uddin, M.B., Noubissi, F.K., Jurutka, P.W., Liu, Y.Y., Spiegelman, V.S., Whitfield, G.K and El Sayed, K.A. (2018) Graviola (annona muricata) exerts anti-proliferative, anti-clonogenic and pro-apoptotic effects in human non-melanoma skin cancer UW-BCC1 and A431 cells in vitro: involvement of hedgehog signaling. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 19:1791-1815.
- Karrys, A., Rady, I., Chamcheu, R.N., Sabir, M.S., Mallick, S., Chamcheu, J.C., Jurutka, P.W., Haussler, M.R. and Whitfield, G.K. (2018) Bioactive dietary VDR ligands regulate genes encoding biomarkers of skin repair that are associated with risk for psoriasis. Nutrients 10:174-194.
- Dussik, C.M., Hockley, M., Grozic, A., Kaneko, I., Zhang, L., Sabir, M.S., Park, J., Wang, J., Nickerson, C.A., Yale, S.H., Rall, C.J., Foxx-Orenstein, A.E., Borror, C.M., Sandrin, T.R. and Jurutka, P.W. (2018) Gene expression profiling and assessment of vitamin D and serotonin pathway variations in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility 24:96-106.
For a complete listing of Dr. Jurutka's publications, search PubMed.
Cancer, nutraceuticals, healthy aging
The Jurutka laboratory applies molecular medicine approaches to elucidate fundamental questions in human health and disease, including: 1. mechanistic effects of "nutraceuticals" on anti-aging gene expression and chemoprevention, 2. elucidation of genetic "fingerprints" for diagnosis/treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, 3. rexinoid drug design/discovery to develop pharmaceuticals for treatment of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease and 4. neurobiology of vitamin D action in autism and depression.