The Internal Medicine Geriatric Medicine Fellowship curriculum includes block rotations, clinic and didactic conferences.
Weekly didactic lectures, weekly clinical case conferences at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute, one of the leading Alzheimer’s institutes in the country, Journal Clubs, research conferences and pharmacology conferences.
Block rotations include geriatric hospitalist/post-acute care, geropsychiatry, palliative medicine/hospice, general and stroke neurology, short-term rehabilitation/nursing home, rheumatology and one elective month. Additional experience for shorter periods is also provided in home-based primary care and long term care and weekly outpatient experiences during the entire academic year with geriatric primary care and geriatric assessment.
- Geriatric Hospitalist/Post-Acute Care – Four months.
- GeroPsychiatry – One month.
- Neurology – Stroke – One month.
- Neurology – General – One month.
- Palliative Care/Hospice – Two months.
- Rheumatology – One month.
- Rehabilitation/Short-Term Nursing Home Care – One month.
- Elective – One month.
- Outpatient Geriatric Primary Care/Geriatric Assessment – Weekly during entire academic year.