- Amelia Gallitano, MD, PhD, was promoted to tenured professor, and Deveroux Ferguson, PhD, has been promoted to associate professor in the tenured track.
- David Kovin, DO — a current PGY2 resident in our Psychiatry Residency Program — was named Psychiatry Resident Teacher of the Year by the Class of 2021.
- The Arizona Psychiatric Society recently honored Nate Jones, MD — an alumnus from the Class of 2018 and a current PGY3 resident in our Psychiatry Residency Program — with its Resident Recognition Award for 2020
- Michael Stoddard, MD — a recent graduate from our Residency Program — was named Psychiatry Resident Teacher of the Year by the graduating Class of 2020.
- Our UA College of Medicine – Phoenix Psychiatry Residency received notification of continued full-re-accreditation from the ACGME, once again marking that status as the Program approaches its 50th Anniversary.
- The ACGME recently notified the college that it has granted Initial accreditation to our new Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship. Ganesh Gopalakrishna, MD, associate professor of Psychiatry, will be the program director of the fellowship.
- Arizona Psychiatric Society Annual Meeting Awards were received by the following UA College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty, residents and medical students:
- Poster Awards:
- Arizona Psychiatric Society Annual Meeting Poster Award received by Gurmehr Kaur, MD, and Neet Shah, MD, (alumni from the college's Class of 2018) both PGY3s in our College of Medicine – Phoenix Psychiatry Residency program for their poster, ”New Onset Psychiatric Disturbance Related to COVID-19 Infection and Management.”
- Poster Awards:
Recent Publications by Colleagues
- Bloom JD and Kirkorsky SE. Incompetent to Stand Trial, Not Restorable, and Dangerous. J Am Acad of Psychiatry and Law, Vol. 48, No. 2, 2020.
- Bloom JD and Kirkorsky SE. Treatment Refusal in Arizona's Jail-Based Competency to Stand Trial Restoration Programs. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law, Vol. 47, No. 2, 2019.
- Kirkorsky SE, Shao W and Bloom JD. The Migration of Arizona's Post-Insanity Defense Procedures to a Modified GBMI Model. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law, Vol. 47, No. 2. 2019.
- Shao W, Ayub S, et al. QTc Prolongation Associated with Psychiatric Medications. J Clinical Psychopharmacology, Vol. 39, No. 1, January-February 2019.