Call the Office of Admissions and Recruitment at 602-827-2005 during our office hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The admissions team is available to discuss the medical school requirements and application process.
Information Session and Campus Tours
Become familiar with the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix by spending two hours learning about the College from the admissions team and touring the campus with a current medical student. Register here.
What will be your journey to medicine? It could start here, as we are excited to share with you our upcoming webinar series. These online sessions provide you an opportunity to learn from faculty, staff and students about the Medical Doctor degree program (including: MD/MBA, MD/MPH, MD/PhD) and the Pathway Scholars Program. During these one-hour, live sessions you will be able to ask questions real time and come away with a clear understanding of what steps you need to take to begin your journey.
- What's the Difference?
- Pathway Scholars Program Application Snapshot and Tips.
- MD Application Process and Overview.
- Pathway Scholars Program Curriculum.
- Dual Degress and MD/PhD Highlight.
- Meet Pathway Scholars Program Director Dr. Maria Manriquez.
- MCAT: How to Prepare.
Pre-Health Club Presentations
Undergraduate and community college pre-health organizations are encouraged to invite the admissions team to present on the admissions timeline, process and requirements. Depending on the availability of current medical students, this visit may also include a medical student panel. A request for this presentation can be made by emailing the admissions team (a minimum of one month’s notice is requested).
- Spring: Preparing to Apply – Are you applying to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix in 2017? If so, this is the conference for you! The program includes presentations by the Dean of Admissions, a detailed overview of premedical requirements, admissions committee and medical student panels, one-on-one appointments and more! This event will take place on Saturday, May 27, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and spots are limited to the first 100 registrants. Register here.
- Fall: Preparing for Medicine – Map your pathway to medicine by learning how to gain the right experiences for your medical school application. The day will include sessions on how to prepare for the MCAT, how to train yourself to optimize your learning and a resource fair. Network with other pre-medical and current medical students!
Volunteer and Paid Internship Opportunities
Summer Scrubs is a summer program designed to encourage and inspire Arizona high school students to explore their interest in health care professions.
- Volunteer Counselors will be selected to mentor high school students for one week in the month of June. Each Counselor will monitor the progress of assigned students, supervise program activities, assist guest speakers and lead health related activities. Depending on the session(s) and your availability, this can be up to a 30-40 hour per week commitment.
- Paid Internship – the Summer Scrubs intern will be an integral part of the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. This person will support program staff, supervise program activities, confirm guest speakers, develop key evaluation tools and organize program curriculum. Exact dates are yet to be determined and hours may vary. Application will be posted in mid-February, and the review will begin March 6, 2017. More information will be posted on this website on February 20, 2017.