The Learning Environment Office (LEO) provides guidance, support and information to students and faculty on professionalism issues.
The LEO supports medical students and faculty in the development of strong, positive professional practices with peers, patients and the broader community through effective communication and conflict management.
- The LEO serves as a resource — a place where students can come to raise, discuss and navigate professionalism concerns as well as identify examples of exemplary professional practices.
- The LEO provides information and outreach to strengthen communications and conflict management skills and other professional practices.
- The LEO works with College of Medicine – Phoenix leadership to identify issues moving forward for improvement.
Student Focus: How the LEO Can Help Create a Positive Learning Environment
The College of Medicine – Phoenix is committed to a culture of professionalism and trust. If you experience mistreatment or unprofessional behavior or have other professionalism concerns, contact the LEO. Your report will be handled confidentially. Your identity will be protected unless otherwise required by law or University policy.
Have you experienced excellence in professionalism? Let the LEO know that, as well.
The LEO can help you with:
- Identifying examples of positive professional practices.
- Navigating new, uncomfortable and difficult environments and relationships.
- Discussing and responding to unprofessional conduct.
- Strengthening personal effectiveness, resilience, and interaction skills.
- Developing constructive approaches to miscommunication and conflicts.