Saturday Scrubs is a free program designed to encourage and inspire Arizona high school students to explore their existing interest in becoming a physician. Each Saturday Scrubs event is intended to introduce participants to a variety of topics related to medicine and the human body. Every session includes lectures by medical professionals and hands-on/interactive activities.
If you attend at least seven sessions, you will be an official graduate of the Scrubs Academy program and will be presented with a set of Scrubs at the May 2018 session.
Important note for participation:
In order to participate in these sessions, you and your parent or guardian must complete and review the following items:
- Review (you do not need to turn in) – UA Student Code Of Conduct (PDF).
- Complete (these must be turned in) – UA Non-enrolled Minor Policy Legal Forms (PDF).
- You must download the forms and bring them with you to the registered session. If you do not bring the signed legal forms, you WILL NOT be able to participate in the session. If you sign up for multiple sessions throughout the academic year, you will only need to turn in the legal forms at the first session you attend.
|Date:||Registration Opens (at 7:00 a.m.):|
|August 12, 2017||Closed|
|September 16, 2017||Closed|
|October 21, 2017||Closed|
|November 18, 2017||October 23, 2017 – Register|
|December 16, 2017||November 20, 2017|
|January 20, 2018||December 18, 2017|
|February 17, 2018||January 22, 2018|
|March 17, 2018||February 19, 2018|
|April 21, 2018||March 19, 2018|
|May 19, 2018||April 23, 2018|
- How many students do you accept into each session?
- Our sessions are limited to 100 participants, and we accept students until our registration form fills up.
- What time does each session start and end?
- Each session starts at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 12:00 p.m.
- Where are these sessions located?
- All of the sessions are held at our campus in downtown Phoenix!
- What is the dress code for these events?
- Dress code is casual. Please dress appropriately and shy away from wearing any athletic attire.
- If I attended sessions last academic year (2016-2017), do I still need to bring the new paperwork?
- Yes, we change our forms every year and we need the new version for the academic year. If you do not have your forms on the first session, you will not be able to participate.
- What if I can no longer attend the session I signed up for?
- You will need to contact Ayleen Martinez, so she can remove you from the list and add someone from the waitlist.
- Do you have any other programs for high school students?
- If you would like to be the first to know about other programs for high school students, sign up for our email list.
Ayleen Martinez, MEd
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
602-827-2005 | COMPHXemail@example.com