The UA College of Medicine – Phoenix offers selected core facilities, equipment, or services to researchers located at the College and within our partners in the greater Phoenix area. Please contact our Research Office or the Core Director for further information on the services, expertise, training and fees.
- Nanofabrication – The nanofabrication facility occupies 900 sqft with a 750 sqft Class 1000 cleanroom.
- Plastic Fabrication – Services to address your prototyping needs for the development of integrated assay platforms using Lab on Chip (LOC’s) or multi-layer thermoplastic laminates.
- Bioassay Development/Molecular Techniques – Expertise in performing molecular laboratory services that comprise bioassay chemistries development and validation but also analytical tests with the scope of nucleic acids and proteins.
- Instrumentation/Software Development – Prototyping services ranging from circuit design, boards prototyping, electronic assembly and full instrumentation development within compliant industry quality standards.
Biomedical Imaging Core
The Biomedical Imaging Core (BIC) provides cutting-edge imaging and data analysis tools to allow innovative investigative research. The Core offers training, consultation and access to the Olympus Multiphoton FV MPE RS Apollo System, Zeiss LSM 710 Confocal and Zeiss AXIO M2 Imager Epifluorescent microscopes.
Flow Cytometry core
The Flow Cytometry Core at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix provides expert analysis on state-of-the-art technology in flow cytometry, multiparameter cell sorting and analysis to investigators at the college, clinical laboratories and biotechnology companies throughout the State.
Patient Samples and Analysis
- Biobank Core Facility at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center and Barrow Neurological Institute – A biorepository at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC) and Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) providing human tissue and biofluids. Services include consenting patients, collecting and banking freshly-frozen tissue, and collecting, banking matched, and processing blood. For more information about our services, pricing, or to propose a collaborative project please email: HSPS@DignityHealth.org
- Phlebotomy, ASU Downtown campus – Located in the ABC1 building, blood draw and biospecimen collection services. Researchers are responsible for study coordination. Please contact the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix Research Office for further information.
Biological Irradiator and Imager
The Biological Irradiator and Imager Shared Equipment resource provides access to x-ray irradiation and x-ray and luminescence imaging on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus near 7th Street and Van Buren Street. This resource is sponsored by the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix and the University of Arizona Cancer Center.