The Biological Irradiator and Imager Shared Equipment resource provides access to x-ray irradiation and x-ray and luminescence imaging on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus near 7th Street and Van Buren Street. This resource is sponsored by the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix and the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
Instrumentation and Capabilities
- Precision X-ray, Inc. X-RAD 320 x-ray irradiator.
- Variable collimator (1 mm to 20 cm diameter spot size).
- OptiMAX IGRT Imaging System for optical molecular and x-ray image guided radiotherapy research.
- Anesthesia unit.
- Environmental chamber for control of O2, CO2 and temperature.
- PTW UNIDOS E universal dosemeter for measurement of dose and dose rate.
- Studying the effects of radiation on biological samples and cells in cultures.
- Whole body irradiation for depletion of hematopoietic cells to isolate contribution of bone marrow-derived cells or allow for transfer of lymphocytes.
- Targeted radiation of tumors with x-ray and luminescence imaging.
- Generation of non-dividing cells for measurement of proliferation of a single population of cells in a mixed culture or feeder layers to maintain primary cell cultures.
- Hypoxia studies.
- Sterilizing pharmaceuticals, medical appliances, or laboratory apparati.
|Equipment||Internal – Unassisted||External – Unassisted|
|Precision X-ray, Inc. X-RAD 320 X-ray Irradiator||$25/hour||$41.63/hour|