Arizona Health Sciences Library
The library is a joint-use facility located within the Health Sciences Education Building. The library is designed primarily for the needs of students, staff and faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, as well as the Northern Arizona University College of Health and Human Services programs in Phoenix.
The library is staffed weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Library study space is available during all building hours on a self-service basis for all University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University students with building access.
All visitors should keep the following guidelines in mind in order to ensure that we can maintain a safe environment and keep the library open for student use:
- Face coverings are required throughout the library, including private study rooms occupied by one person. This is necessary because the study rooms are often reused several times in the same day by different students, and aerosols in a room may linger for several hours.
- Study rooms are made available on a first-come, first-served basis, and occupancy has been revised to encourage physical separation among library users. Most rooms are now single occupancy, but a small number allow groups of up to four people. Please match the size of the room to the size of your group.
- In the open areas of the library, green dots have been placed at regular intervals to suggest appropriately spaced seating.
- Sanitizing stations are placed throughout the library. Please use these supplies to clean desks and shared surfaces as needed. Please do not use the spray on the screens in any of the large study rooms.
- Library access is reserved for personnel enrolled or employed at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus, as well as University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University distance education and online students. Due to the need to manage occupancy, no community use is allowed at this time.
If you need assistance with library resources, services or facilities, please use the contacts below: