Arizona Health Sciences Library
The library is a joint-use facility located within the Health Sciences Education Building. The library is designed primarily for the needs of students, staff and faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix and Northern Arizona University College of Health and Human Services programs in Phoenix.
On September 28, 2020, the Arizona Health Sciences Library at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus began a gradual return to on-site operations. The library front desk will be staffed from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on weekdays, and the library study space will remain open on a self-service basis during all HSEB building hours.
Our return to staffed operations will occur in phases. Initially, we will have staff available for customer service at the front desk. The computer commons and book shelves will remain behind our security gate; however, books will be available for retrieval by request. Request slips will be available at the front desk for this purpose. Students who need to use one of the library computers for access to specialized software are encouraged to call the library front desk at 602-827-2062 to make an appointment. We will not be loaning electronics accessories and anatomical models during our first phase; however, those resources may be restored at a later time once appropriate safety practices are determined.
- List of hours and services (PDF).
As we welcome both new and returning students to the library, we ask that all visitors keep the following guidelines in mind in order to ensure that we can maintain a safe environment and keep the library open for student use:
- Face coverings are required throughout the library, including private study rooms occupied by one person. This is necessary because the study rooms are often reused several times in the same day by different students, and aerosols in a room may linger for several hours.
- Study rooms are made available on a first-come, first-served basis, and occupancy has been revised to encourage physical separation among library users. Most rooms are now single occupancy, but a small number allow groups of up to four people. Please match the size of the room to the size of your group.
- In the open areas of the library, green dots have been placed at regular intervals to suggest appropriately spaced seating.
- Sanitizing stations are placed throughout the library. Please use these supplies to clean desks and shared surfaces as needed. Please do not use the spray on the screens in any of the large study rooms.
- Library access is reserved for personnel enrolled or employed at the PBC, as well as University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University distance education and online students. Due to the need to manage occupancy, no community use is allowed at this time.