The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix began sponsoring the Banner Residency and Fellowship Programs in 2015. With over 300 residents and fellows in our programs, Banner - University Medical Center, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, has been training residents and students for over 50 years.
All eligible programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), which provides assurance that a program meets the quality standards (Institutional and Program Requirements) of the specialty or subspecialty practice(s) for which it prepares its graduates.
Our programs are nationally recognized for leadership in clinical excellence, scholarly activity, teaching, and innovation.
- Addiction Medicine.
- Interventional Cardiology.
- Structural Heart.
- Clinical Informatics.
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes.
- Geriatric Medicine.
- Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Hand, Upper Extremity and Microsurgery.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- Medical Toxicology.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
- Primary Care Sports Medicine.
- Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine.