The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix began sponsoring the Banner Residency and Fellowship Programs in 2015. With over 300 residents and fellows in our programs, Banner – University Medical Center, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, has been training residents and students for over 50 years.
All eligible programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), which provides assurance that a program meets the quality standards (Institutional and Program Requirements) of the specialty or subspecialty practice(s) for which it prepares its graduates.
Our programs are nationally recognized for leadership in clinical excellence, scholarly activity, teaching and innovation.
- Clinical Informatics.
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes.
- Geriatric Medicine.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- Sleep Medicine.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Female Sexual Medicine (Non-ACGME Program).
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (AAGL Accredited).
- Hand, Upper Extremity and Microsurgery.
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Aerospace Surgery and Medicine (APEX) (Non-ACGME Program).