The Academic Leader's Corner is designed with the department chair, vice chair, division chief, inclusive excellence champion and program director in mind. Your role in departmental or programmatic leadership has aspects of Academic and Faculty Affairs that you must be well-versed on in order to efficiently advance the academic careers of the faculty you guide.
Here, you will find access to templates, sample documents, enduring learning materials for program development and recommended frameworks to draw from as it relates to coaching, mentoring, sponsorship, role modeling and advising faculty in medicine or health sciences. These materials are intended to be educational, idea-inspiring and exemplary. They can assist you with leading initiatives and heart-to-heart discussions with faculty about their career navigation. Documents are labeled as appropriate for clinical faculty, traditional tenure track or all faculty types.
- College of Medicine – Phoenix Academic Leader's Resources require a UArizona NetID and password.
- These resources include:
- Faculty-to-faculty mentoring plans/distribution of efforts onboarding template.
- Sample faculty-to-faculty mentoring relationship agreements.
- Example conceptualization tool for department mentoring oversight committees.
- Educational materials on best practices.
- Executive coaching directory.
University Provost's Office Resources
- Faculty Development Communities for Promotion Mentoring Program.
- Mentoring Toolkit: Expectations, Agreements and Tools.