The UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix Research Office will help you find funding, provide resources and guidance for submitting your proposals, and provide the interface with the Tucson campus Sponsored Projects Research Services Office. Please contact us with any questions you have about the research proposal application process.
To find help with developing and submitting a proposal, please review Development and Training.
Search for Funding
- PIVOT – Identifies and connects funding opportunities to researchers through the funding database. Curated funding searches are provided for Department of Defense, fellowships, foundations and postdoctoral opportunities.
- External Funding Search Engines and Databases – A guide to search engines, public federal databases and distribution lists for finding external funding.
- Internal Funding Opportunities – View a list of current internal funding opportunities organized by research category and funding type.
- NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices – NIH Guide announcements (PAs, RFAs and Notices) are published daily. Every Friday, NIH sends a Weekly NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices e-mail to subscribers that includes links to announcements published during the week.
- UArizona Limited Submissions and The Current Newsletters – An archive of The Current and Limited Submissions newsletters. These weekly digests contain funding opportunities and news from UA Research Development Services.
- The University of Arizona Foundation – The UA Foundation offers resources for those seeking funding from charitable foundations, individuals, corporations, and crowdfunding. The monthly Gift Alert newsletter provides information on upcoming opportunities and deadlines.
- Request for Support – Submit a request for monetary support for workshops or other research related activities. Personnel costs are excluded, contact @email for any inclusion criteria.
Search for Literature and Data
- My NCBI – The National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
- PubMed – Comprises more than 29 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals and online books.
Pilot, Bridge and Seed Funding
Valley Research Partnership (VRP) – The VRP funds collaborative grants from participating institutions across the Phoenix area and provides an important funding stream for projects.