The UA College of Medicine – Phoenix Research Office will help you find funding, provide resources and guidance for submitting your proposals and provide the interface with the Tucson campus Sponsored Projects Research Services office. Please contact us with any questions you have about the research proposal application process.
All proposals must be submitted through UA Sponsored Projects Services in Tucson. Please contact us as soon as possible so that we may assist you with your proposal preparation. We will guide you through the process and administrative details of submission. To initiate your submission, please complete the Intent to Submit a Grant/Contract Application when you are ready to submit a proposal.
Proposal Routing Process
The University of Arizona uses an electronic proposal routing process (PDF) for approvals of proposals to external sponsors.
- Proposals must be submitted to Sponsored Projects Services (SPS) in complete, final and fully-approved form three (3) business days prior to the sponsor deadline. As a consequence, the Research Office will need to review and approve budget and other relevant routing sheet requirements a minimum of eight (8) days prior to the proposal deadline.
- The College of Medicine – Phoenix Research Office will notify the PI(s) and Department Head when a proposal is awaiting their approval. All Department Heads/Center Directors will be required to review and approve proposals using the electronic system called UAccess Research.
- All users that are located off campus must log into UA VPN before logging into UAccess Research. Download the VPN, enter your NetID and password to login.
- To review and approve a UAccess Research Proposal Document as a PI or Department Head, login to UAccess Research and enter your NetID and password to login (Instructions (PDF).
- Please note, any proposals requesting cost sharing or a F&A waiver, must be reviewed and approved by College of Medicine – Phoenix at least 14 business days before the proposal deadline and submitted for approval to the UA Office for Research & Discovery a minimum of eight (8) days before the sponsor deadline.
Late Proposal Policy
Any proposals that are not finished, fully approved and submitted to SPS three business days in advance of the sponsor’s deadline will require the Dean’s approval (or designee) to submit. The Principal Investigator should contact the Research Office staff ASAP for assistance with the Dean’s approval.