The UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix Research Office will help you prepare and develop your proposal, and will provide the interface with the Tucson campus Sponsored Projects Research Services Office and UArizona Health Sciences Research Administration. Please contact us with any questions you have about the research proposal application process.
For guidance on searching for funding, literature, and data, please visit Funding Opportunities and Resources.
Preparing a Proposal
- Intent to Submit a Grant/Contract Application Intake Form – The purpose of this form is to help the college ensure that the necessary assistance and resources are provided to support all investigators throughout the grant application process. It automatically connects investigators with those who provide proposal support.
- PI, Project Director and Co-PI Eligibility – The explanation and expectations have been captured in this eligibility definition to outline who can serve as a Principal Investigator (PI), Project Director (PD) or Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI). A table of employment categories and how each fall within the PI/PD/Co-PI admissibility is included to allow for effective resolutions when determining eligibility.
- Proposal Development at the College of Medicine – Phoenix – Offers guidance in appropriate construction of proposals to address National Institutes of Health (NIH) or other sponsor guidelines.
- Proposal Development Resources – Information on the proposal lifecycle, quick tips and proposal planning.
- Building a Budget – Guidance on developing a budget, direct and indirect costs, allowable costs and budget templates. Learn more about cost sharing and matching.
- Forms and Templates – Forms related to award transfers, compliance, contracting, cost sharing, budgeting, sub-awards, and pre-award and post-award activities.
- Institutional Environment, Facilities and Resources Template (PDF) – A description of the UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix scientific environment and facilities, partner facilities, and resources available to investigators at the college.
- Research Policies – A list of policies related to conflict of interest, proposal routing, budgeting, clinical research, risk management, space and facilities.
- F&A Waivers (PDF) – Please complete the F&A waiver form and obtain the signatures of the PI and department chair. When completing the form, we encourage you to review the research gateway F&A information and include as much detail as possible. Often, this might mean an additional write up or letter. Once completed, submit this form and any additional information to @email to be approved by the associate dean for Research. It will be reviewed and returned within 48 hours.
Submitting a Proposal
- Proposal Routing – Learn about the proposal routing process and how to submit a proposal.
- University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) Research Administration – The Office of Research Administration within UAHS provides service to all UAHS investigators in support of research pre-award activities — including sponsored project application submission, contract negotiation and compliance support.
- UA Research Gateway – The Office for Research, Innovation & Impact bolsters the research success of faculty by supporting university research centers, institutes and core facilities; providing research development, stewardship, compliance and safety services; and securing strategic external partnerships.