All students accepted to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix with an interest in adding a focus on the humanities to their medical education are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must apply for the Health Humanities Certificate of Distinction (COD) by the first Friday in August of their first academic year at the college.
- Students may select a Scholarly Project (SP) topic relevant to Bioethics, Narrative Medicine, Art in Medicine and/or Health Humanities, or may complete an alternate project, with director approval.
- Students will be notified of their eligibility two weeks after the application deadline.
- To remain eligible, students must have passing grades in all blocks and courses, must pass Step 1 on their first attempt and may not receive more than two, Level 1 ratings in behavioral competencies.
- Failure to adhere to the student code of conduct will render students ineligible.
- Students cannot be enrolled in multiple COD programs.
- Students may be simultaneously enrolled in an MPH, PhD, etc. and a COD with approval from the COD director.