New Faculty Orientation
As part of the online faculty title application, all faculty are required to complete the College of Medicine – Phoenix New Faculty Title Orientation. It takes less than 30 minutes.
The process includes the following steps:
- Watch the new faculty orientation video.
- Download or bookmark the Faculty Policies Handbook (PDF).
- Review important policies that pertain to faculty members:
- Teacher Learner Compact Policy.
- Reporting Mistreatment or Harassment of Medical Students Policy.
- Conflict of Interest: Physician-Student Personal Relationship Policy.
- Conflict of Interest: Physician-Student Health Services Relationship Policy.
- Conflict of Interest: Financial and Industrial Relationships Policy.
The orientation video includes six core modules and provides new faculty with information on the following areas:
- Overview of educational program objectives for the College of Medicine – Phoenix.
- Professionalism competencies, policies and procedures.
- Giving and receiving effective feedback to learners.
- Student exposure to blood/body fluids procedures and policies.
- Non-research related conflicts of interest policies.
- Overview of faculty title courtesies, resources and privileges.