How to Apply
- Applications only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Applicant must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Requirements for Application
- Applicant must have passed United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE®) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) Step 1.
- Dean's letter.
- Two to four letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement (particularly what factors attracted you to Family Medicine).
2022 Application and Interview Update
Interviews will be virtual October 2022 – January 2023. Interview offers will be sent by October 14, 2022. We will not offer more interviews than we have slots available. All applicants will be notified of their interview status by December 1, 2022. Optional second look visits will be available virtually or in-person in January 2023 for interviewed applicants. Participation in an in-person second look will not impact ranking.
Applicants who completed med school outside the U.S.
- Successful completion of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG®) or Test of English as a Foreing Language (TOEFL®) proficiency test.
- Current ECFMG certification.
- Successful completion of at least one year of clinical (not research or observerships) hospital-based training in a teaching hospital affiliated with a residency program in the United States.
- Must have graduated from medical school no more than three years ago.
- Must have no failures on any USMLE exam.
No visa sponsorships. J-1 visas considered with ECFMG.
Externship or observership programs are not available.
4th Year Student Rotations
Applications are accepted only through Visiting Student Application Service (VSASSM) — University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. VSAS opens on April 15 to apply to the Family Medicine Residency.
Rodolfo "Rudy" Rangel, RMA (AMT)