How to Apply
- Applications only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Applicant must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Requirements for Application
- Applicant must have passed United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE®) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) Step 1.
- Dean's letter.
- Two to four letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement (particularly what factors attracted you to Family Medicine).
Applicants who completed med school outside the U.S.
- Successful completion of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG®) or Test of English as a Foreing Language (TOEFL®) proficiency test.
- Current ECFMG certification.
- Successful completion of at least one year of clinical (not research or observerships) hospital-based training in a teaching hospital affiliated with a residency program in the United States.
- Must have graduated from medical school no more than three years ago.
- Must have no failures on any USMLE exam.
No visa sponsorships. J-1 visas considered with ECFMG.
Externship or observership programs are not available.
4th Year Student Rotations
Applications are accepted only through Visiting Student Application Service (VSASSM) - University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. VSAS opens on April 15 to apply to the Family Medicine Residency.
Residency Program Coordinator