To apply for either a Primary Care Loan or a Loan for a Disadvantaged Student, a student must:
- Submit the Application (PDF) for Health Professions Loans to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2021-2022 academic year and list the University of Arizona to receive the information.
- The University of Arizona school code is 001083.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool without making changes. If the IRS DRT is not used or changes are made, the student (and spouse if applicable) must submit signed 2018 tax forms or the Student Certification of Non-filer (PDF).
- Update 2021-2022 FAFSA to include parental demographic, household, income and asset information as required:
- Add parental financial information to your 2021-2022 FAFSA (you can submit a correction/update to your previously completed FAFSA); and have them use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to capture 2019 tax data if they can.
- Parents can sign electronically using their own FSA ID number, or print, sign and submit a signature page to the Federal Processor.
- If the IRS DRT is not used or changes are made the students must submit a copy of their parent(s) signed 2019 tax forms or the Parental Certification of Non-filer (PDF).
Once you have updated your FAFSA to include the required student and parent information, please email your completed application (PDF) to @email.
If you have questions, please email the College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office at the email address above.