Lab Safety Orientation Enrollment Instructions
Laboratory safety orientation, specific to the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, is provided by the Laboratory Operations Manager to ensure that researchers receive necessary safety training prior to working in research laboratories.
Please enroll in the courses listed below in Edge Learning prior to enrolling in Lab Safety Orientation. It’s best practice to complete these four virtual prerequisites prior to attending in-person Lab Safety Orientation.
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Universal Precautions (OSHA Compliant).
- Basic Biosafety Protection Course.
- Must complete Bloodborne Pathogens and Universal Precautions prior to taking this training.
- Fire Safety Awareness.
- General Laboratory Chemical Safety Training.
- Must complete Fire Safety Awareness prior to taking this training.
Once you have enrolled in the above four prerequisites, please enroll in:
Lab Access Requests
Lab Access requests will not be considered until the person requiring access has completed the four virtual prerequisites and enrolled in Lab Safety Orientation.
Once training has been completed, please reach out to your department admin team (Administrative Associate, Senior Business Manager, or Director of Operations) to acquire a badge. Once you have received your badge, please submit a lab access request through the Research Office Service Request Form. For questions regarding training please email @email.