The goal of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix/Flinn Foundation Summer Internship Program is to offer an opportunity for qualified undergraduate students to engage in hypothesis-driven research and to interact with other students, postdoctoral associates and faculty in an inclusive environment within various departments at the College of Medicine – Phoenix.
Students will work in an interdisciplinary environment that fosters critical and analytical thinking, as well as intellectual adventure. The aim is to recruit students into biomedical research and medicine. In addition, students are encouraged to explore their career goals and will be guided in ways to achieve them. This is a paid eight-week internship.
The summer internship program is committed to providing inclusive hands-on research opportunities to talented students from all backgrounds.
The 2023 program begins May 15 and continues through July 14. The program concludes with a mini-symposium on Thursday, July 13, during which students deliver a presentation detailing their research experience.
- Program participants must be a resident of Arizona.
- The program is open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- There is not a minimum GPA required to apply; however, this is a competitive program.
- Program participants must be able to communicate in English due to lab safety requirements.
To be considered for the summer internship program, the applicant must complete the following three requirements of the application process:
- Unofficial High School and College Transcripts – Current and cumulative unofficial high school and college transcripts must be uploaded at the time of application.
- Confidential Recommendation Form (PDF) – The student must sign the student waiver section prior to submitting it to the professor for recommendation. Recommendations should be uploaded separately by the professor as a PDF by using the recommendation upload form.
- Application Form – Please complete the entire application form. Incomplete application forms or applications with missing transcripts or missing recommendation letters will not be reviewed. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure letters are submitted on time.
- Interested applicants should submit their application — including the recommendation form and transcripts — on or before April 14 at 5:00 p.m. Late submissions will not be accepted.
For more information, please contact Liz Bornstein.