The program is a one year, non-ACGME accredited fellowship and admits one fellow each year.
Catheterization laboratory experience provides each fellow the opportunity to be the primary operator on more than 250 interventional cardiology procedures within the academic year. In addition, the fellow participates as the primary operator with attending supervision in more than 100 left atrial appendage closures; more than 75 MitraClip/TMVR cases; and more than 50 ASD/PFO closures
Outpatient clinic is mandated for one half day per week with key faculty within the program.
The structural fellow is expected to gain competency and participate in the following core areas:
- TAVR with Edwards THV (SAPIEN 3) and Medtronic THV (Evolut R).
- Aortic valvuloplasty.
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (Mitraclip).
- Transcatheter balloon mitral valvuloplasty.
- Transseptal puncture and intracardiac echocardiography.
- Left atrial appendage closure (Watchman).
- Pulmonary artery sensor implantation (CardioMEMS).
- PFO/ASD/PDA closure (Cardioform, Amplatzer).
- Paravalvular leak closure.
- Ongoing advanced coronary work (CTE, multivessel disease, atherectomy etc) with opportunity for *independent performance of PCI.
- *At the discretion of catheterization laboratory director.
- Advanced LV support (balloon pump, impella, ECMO and tandem heart).