- PhD: University of Texas at Austin, 2000
- Whatcott CJ, Ng S, Barrett MT, Hostetter G, Von Hoff DD, Han H. Inhibition of ROCK1 kinase modulates both tumor cells and stromal fibroblasts in pancreatic cancer. PLoS One, 2017; 12:e0183871
- Noel P, Muñoz RMM, Rogers GW, Neilson A, Von Hoff DD, Han H. Preparation and metabolic assay of 3-dimensional spheroid co-cultures of pancreatic cancer cells and fibroblasts. J Vis Exp. 2017. Epub May 26, 2017
- Bapat A, Muñoz RMM, Von Hoff DD and Han H. Blocking nerve growth factor signaling inhibits perineural invasion in pancreatic cancer. PLoS One, 2016; 11:e0165586.
- Whatcott CJ, Diep CH, Jiang P, Watanabe A, LoBello J, Sima C, Hostetter G, Shepard HM, Von Hoff DD and Han H. Desmoplasia in primary tumors and metastatic lesions of pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2015; 21:3561-8.
- Han H and Von Hoff DD. SnapShot: Pancreatic Cancer. Cancer Cell 2013; 23:424.e1.
Pancreatic cancer, drug discovery, tumor microenvironment
Dr. Han’s research involves the development of early detection markers and novel therapeutics for the diagnosis/treatment of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is one of the most lethal cancers with few effective treatments. We seek to discover basic genetic, molecular/biochemical abnormalities and help translate the findings into practical and effective diagnostic markers and therapies. Current projects focus on the identification of miRNA and glycan biomarkers for pancreatic cancer and the development of therapies that target both tumor and its supportive microenvironment.