- Postdoctoral: Anatomy, University of Arizona, 2012 – 2015.
- PhD: Tulane University, 2012.
- Kushner DS, Verano JW, Titelbaum AR. 2018. Trepanation procedures/outcomes: comparison of prehistoric Peru with other ancient, medieval, and American Civil War cranial surgery. World Neurosurgery 114: 245-251. (DOI: 10.1016/j.wneu.2018.03.143).
- Titelbaum AR, Verano JW. 2017. Bioarchaeology of the Huaca Prieta human remains. Where the Land Meets the Sea: Fourteen Millennia of Human History at Huaca Prieta, Peru. Edited by TD Dillehay. University of Texas Press. Pp. 166-198.
- Verano JW, Titelbaum AR, Ibarra B, and Lund M. 2016. The Northern Highlands. In Holes in the Head: the art and archaeology of trepanation in ancient Peru. Edited by JW Verano. Dumbarton Oaks. Pp. 141-174.
- Kushner D, Titelbaum AR. 2016. Ancient trepanation from the perspective of modern neurosurgery. In Holes in the Head: the art and archaeology of trepanation in ancient Peru. Edited by JW Verano. Dumbarton Oaks. Pp. 253-266.
- Titelbaum AR, Uceda Castillo S. 2015. A rare case of os odontoideum from an Early Intermediate period tomb at the Huacas de Moche, Peru. International Journal of Paleopathology 11: 23-29. (DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpp.2015.8.001).
Human skeletal anatomy, paleopathology, bioarchaeology
Anne R. Titelbaum is a biological anthropologist who specializes in human skeletal biology, paleopathology and bioarchaeology. Her primary research area is Andean South America, with research interests that include pathology in ancient skeletal remains, developmental anomalies, trauma, musculoskeletal stress and mortuary practices. She has participated in a number of archaeological projects in Peru, including the Proyecto Arqueológico Huaca de La Luna, the Proyecto Arqueológico Complejo El Brujo, the Huaca Prieta Archaeological Project and the Proyecto Arqueológico Huari-Ancash.