The UA College of Medicine – Phoenix's Clinical Research Support Services was created at the beginning of 2017 to further the mission of the college by developing and supporting the infrastructure related to clinical and translational research. By providing high level guidance in the process of clinical/translational research conduct, Clinical Research Support Services seeks to enhance the excellence, scope and efficiency of these research efforts by facilitating and integrating activities already in place and by fostering clinical and translational research activities in areas where they are not yet fully developed.
Clinical Research Support Services focuses on four key areas of service, including:
- Regulatory affairs.
- Institutional infrastructure.
- Financial Management with an in-house clinical trial management system.
- Liaison with the UAHS Research Administration.
Clinical Research Support Services can assist sponsors with the following:
- Identification of investigators.
- Coordination of timely response to site feasibility questionnaires.
- Obtaining information about general research operations, including institutional experience and capabilities.
- Regulatory preparation for study approvals and external audits, including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).