All applications must come through AAGL. All applications are reviewed and considered for determination to offer an interview.
AAGL Program Dates
|FMIGS Application Deadline
|July – September
|Rank Order List Deadline
An application (PDF), along with the following, is required:
- Digital photo.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A minimum of two (2) reference letters must be received to process the application.
- List of all hospital staff appointments currently held, including types of privileges.
- List of all teaching or university appointments you have held and applicable dates.
- List of all regional and national meetings where you presented a paper and/or gave lectures for the past five years.
- List of all academic achievements and awards.
- List of all publications.
- Give narrative description of your practice, including special interests.
- Give reasons for desiring to be a PRECEPTEE.
- List, and summary, of all surgical cases for the past 12 months.
- USMLE Scores
Visas: only J-1 accepted.
Selection and ranking are determined through our Program and Assistant Program Directors, as well as a combination of fellow and faculty input. We put high value on input from our Faculty and Fellows in choosing future Fellows.