All students accepted into the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix with an interest in primary care and leadership are eligible to apply, but they must fulfill the following requirements to be considered:
- Applicants must apply for the Primary Care Scholars Program by the first Friday in August of their first academic year at the college.
- Interested students must meet with the Primary Care Scholars Program director, as well as the Scholarly Projects director to discuss their scholarly project or alternative project prior to submitting an application.
- Upon receipt of an application, the Primary Care Scholars Program faculty will review the application. A personal interview may then be requested at the discretion of the program's director.
- Candidates can request to meet with the Primary Care Scholars Program director and current students to learn more about the program.
- Final selections and notification of acceptance into the program will be completed by the third Friday in August.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.