All students accepted into the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix with an interest in pursuing a career in primary care are eligible to apply, but they must fulfill the following requirements to be considered:
- Applicants must apply for the Primary Care Scholars Program by October 15 of their first academic year at the college.
- Interested students must meet with the Primary Care Scholars Program director, as well as the Scholarly Projects director to discuss their scholarly project prior to submitting an application.
- Upon receipt of an application, the Primary Care Scholars Program faculty will review the application. A personal interview may then be requested at the discretion of the program's director.
- Candidates can request to meet with the Primary Care Scholars Program director and current students to learn more about the program.
- Final selections and notification of acceptance into the program will be completed by November 1.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.