To be eligible for financial aid, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold an Alien Registration Card (permanent resident card).
- Be in good academic standing once in school, and making satisfactory progress toward a degree.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Have not previously defaulted on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required).
- Be enrolled at least half-time as a student working toward a degree.
To be considered for financial aid each student must complete a FAFSA, which is available online at fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA can be completed beginning October the year before you plan to attend the University of Arizona. The College of Medicine – Phoenix priority filing date for grant consideration is March 1. The school code for the UA is 001083.
Yes, students must re-file for each year in which they expect to apply for federal loans or UA scholarships.
Please notify the Financial Aid Office at COMPHX-FinancialAid@arizona.edu. The Financial Aid Office will review your outside aid and determine if any adjustments need to be made to your existing awards.
You must complete the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form and return it to the College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office for processing.
The total amount of financial aid cannot exceed your cost of attendance for each academic year.